Friday, August 14, 2009

Cat Fancy magazine, August 2009


When a friend showed me her subscription copy of the August issue of Cat Fancy magazine I felt a chill. I knew that cat, it was one of mine!

Daffy was a special kitten, when she was born we intended to keep her and show her. But at her first show, she was too young for the ring but we had her in the benching cages to get used to the show hall atmosphere... Jamie Christian came up saying how he wanted a Savannah to show. He is a very persuasive man! Before I knew it, I'd agreed to let him take her home. He was on the other side of the country (Ohio to my California) and he showed a lot. It was a great opportunity to continue promoting the Savannah breed. But we missed our Daffy girl, she was full of personality!

Every time I'd visit her at a show she'd be loving on me...and the judges...and everyone. Christian insists that she loved him best and I know he was right. He'd say how she was the only cat he'd ever had that danced on her hindlegs to greet him every night at the door... what a cat! Daffy charmed judges and exhibitors, I'd meet folk in California at shows that were introduced to Savannahs by Daffy and I was so proud.

Sadly, Kirembo Dafine Kike of Kingsransom is no longer with us. She tragically fell prey to an upper respiratory infection that progressed so quickly it was not able to be treated in time. She died way too early, and we grieve her still. For her to be immortalized on the cover of Cat Fancy magazine (and centerfold too!) was very special to us all. Daffy was a wonderful Ambassador for the Savannah Breed.

No comments:

Post a Comment